Nice to Meet You, I'm Mella
- Are you frustrated with your lack of success and acknowledgement in the music industry?
- Are you exhausted of feeling underpaid and undervalued for your music talents and services?
- Do you feel like quitting because you are confused about where your music career is headed?
- Are you feel unsure you even have a future in music?
- Are you intimidated by all of the gatekeepers and resource hoarders in the industry?
- Are you tired of feeling insecure about what you don’t know?
- Do you wish there was an easier path or sense of direction?
I have whole-heartedly screamed “YES” to all of those questions.
That’s why I created Mella Music. Mella Music is a place where you can be honest about where you are and where you’d like to be in the music industry. The goal of everything on this site is to provide you with helpful and usable tips to finally get paid and get the recognition you deserve.
Here’s what you can find here:
- Important music terms to know and use
- The latest music products, gear and book reviews
- Music industry trends
- Tips to improve your performance on stage and in the recording studio
- How to deal with haters
- Common music industry scams to avoid
- Self-care and work-life balance for musicians
- Anything else to help you be a better songwriter, a better musician, and/or to break into the music industry
It’s easy to drown in the knowledge swamp.
I’m here to help you climb out.
Get To Know | Mella
Favorite Travel Spot: My house – I hate airports!
Can’t Live Without: My dogs and rabbits
Must Have Equipment: My mic and Logic Pro X!
Best Advice: Lose the ego and be kind
Describe yourself in one Word: Resilient
Secret Talent: I have great intuition!
There truly is so much to learn in the music industry that it can get overwhelming. You’ve just learned how to get more Instagram followers, but now you need to build a Tik Tok audience too. You’ve finally designed merch people will love, but now streaming is the money maker and you need to learn it fast. Your single is doing well, but you know nothing about music licensing and want to be in commercials.
I’ve spent a lifetime refining my skills and knowledge of the music industry.
I’m always taking music classes, reviewing them and giving you the main takeaways to apply to your career. I review the top-selling artists each year and show you how to apply their success to your current reality.
Wherever you are on your journey, you’re welcome to rest here. We’ll figure out the music industry, inside and out, together.
If you need more personalized help, I offer Coaching, Session Singing, Voice Acting and Writing (see my Services page here). If you’re not ready for one-on-one help, join us in the Melluminati, where you can get VIP access to a library of tools to help you succeed.
Not sure what you need? Take this quiz to find out what your music career needs most right now:
More About Me
I’ll keep this short, because this page isn’t about me, it’s about you. Check out my About Me page for my full backstory, or my Mission Statement for why I do what I do. Other than that, my blog has a lot of my personality in it, so I’m sure you’ll get to know me more over there! I look forward to getting to know you as well. Thank you again for stopping by, and please contact me if there’s anything I can do for you!